For Christmas last year, my family decided to do something a little different. Traditionally we stay home and host a small Christmas Eve gathering and then celebrate Christmas Day together as a family. However, for Christmas 2018 my parents surprised us with a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for the holidays.
Drew and I had never been to Cabo or stayed at an all-inclusive resort, so we were excited to share the experience with my family. As we were preparing for the trip, I couldn’t find too many reviews of the resort, so below are some of the pros and cons from our stay with Dreams Los Cabos:
- The property is perfectly situated on the Sea of Cortez, making it easy to relax and enjoy your surroundings. It’s so picturesque!
- My entire family loved the breakfast buffet – endless food and drink options! We elected to sit on the outdoor patios every morning to appreciate the sunrise and ocean breeze. Additionally, the extended hours of 7 a.m. to 11:30 am. accommodated our family’s early risers as well as those that liked to sleep in.
- Similar to a cruise, Dreams Los Cabos offers plenty of entertainment options throughout the day. From sunrise workout classes to mid-day foam parties and nighttime movies on the beach, there’s something for everyone!
- It’s small and silly and hardly any of us took advantage of it, but the mini bar in your room is complimentary and the room service is free, too. It’s the little things!
- My 13-year-old sister was disappointed with the number of pools at Dreams Los Cabos. She had previously been to Cabo and stayed at another resort which had more pool options.
- I love the beach, and while it was great to kick back in a lounge chair on the beach, we weren’t allowed to enter the water. The undertow is very strong and there have been multiple deaths along the coast, so the resort doesn’t permit you to enter the ocean (unless you want to sign a waiver.)
- While not universally true, some of the portion sizes at a handful of the on-site restaurants were quite small. However, this can easily be resolved by ordering multiple appetizers and entrees – after all, it’s unlimited!
- I’m not much of a drinker, so the following didn’t bother me, but my brothers and dad were frustrated with their limited beer selection.
Overall, my family really enjoyed our visit to Dreams Los Cabos and would recommend it to anyone looking for an all-inclusive in Cabo.